Deviation from the submission requirements will result in immediate disqualification.
Submissions must include all documentation as required here.
Each entry requires a separate registration.
PRO BONO PUBLICO ENTRY PROCEDURES
1. Design Excellence
2. Distinguished Service
1. Pro Bono Services must be performed by Architects, Construction Industry Professionals, Engineers, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects, Planners or related design practitioners.
2. Individuals, groups or firms may be nominated.
1. The project client must be a not-for-profit organization.
2. Projects must be recent, having occurred within the last five (5) years.
3. One or more of the following must be located in Western New York: the professional, the client, the project.
1. Nominations are due September 8th.
2. Nominations may be made by one or more of the following:
- The professional (Individual, Group or Firm) who performed the Pro Bono Services
- A colleague of the professional (Individual, Group or Firm) who performed the Pro Bono Services.
- The not-for-profit project client.
- A local chapter of a related professional organization, such as, but not limited to:
American Institute of Architects (AIA), American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA), American Planning Association (APA), American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), International Interior Design Association (IIDA), and National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE).
1. The selection of the jury is determined and approved by the BAF Board of Directors.
2. An annual award selection in either award category will not be mandated nor required from the jury.
3. The selected recipient(s) will be notified by the BAF President and invited to attend the annual AIA Buffalo/Western New York Service and Design Awards, held in October and November respectively, where the award will be presented.
4. The selected recipient(s) will be featured on the BAF website for a period of time to be determined by BAF and in the AIA Buffalo/WNY Awards Publication.
1. Complete one (1) Entry Form per nomination.
2. Provide all required accompanying documentation.
3. Submit each entry electronically via the official website (www.aiadesignawards.org). All submission files must be placed in a single ZIP folder and labeled with the nominee’s name and Pro Bono Publico Award Nomination.